Menter Iaith Abertawe (Swansea’s Welsh Language Initiative) was established in 2001, with an aim to promote and expand the use of the Welsh language in the City and County of Swansea. Our mission statement states that our aim is:
“To promote the use of the Welsh language by people of all ages, backgrounds and languages in the catchment area of the City and County of Swansea and make the Welsh language accessible to the people of Swansea”.
This is achieved through the following objectives:
1. Ensuring that the children and young people of Swansea have more opportunities to use the Welsh language
2. Ensuring that adults learning Welsh in Swansea are given opportunities to develop and use their Welsh
3. Promoting the use of the Welsh language within the voluntary, statutory and private sectors in Swansea
4. Increasing people’s awareness of Welsh and marketing the language to residents and organizations in Swansea
5. Providing opportunities for the people of the City and County of Swansea to use the Welsh language
Tŷ Tawe Welsh Centre was established in 1987, the first Welsh Centre of its kind in Wales, and is run by a small group of volunteers.
Tŷ Tawe offers: classrooms for Welsh lessons; meeting rooms; an events hall; cafe; Siop Tŷ Tawe Welsh shop, and offices for Menter Iaith Abertawe (Swansea’s Welsh Language Initiative).
Would you like to volunteer with Menter Iaith Abertawe?
We’re looking for friendly, enthusiastic and responsible individuals to volunteer in a variety of different activities, including: Welsh Rhyme-Time sessions, coffee mornings, youth clubs and more.
Complete the form below and send to firstname.lastname@example.org or Menter Iaith Abertawe, Tŷ Tawe, Christina Street, Swansea. SA1 4EW
Ffurflen GwirfoddolwyrVolunteering Form Volunteering Form
For more information about volunteering opportunities, contact Dean Baker on 01792 460906.